Gabriel Fliflet re-elected as leader of Naturvernforbundet Hordaland
At Naturvernforbundet Hordaland’s annual meeting on March 12, the inspiring and dedicated Gabriel Fliflet was re-elected as our leader. He is joined on the board by a team of exceptional members.
It was finally possible to hold our annual meeting in person again, hosted at Bryggens Museum in Bergen on a beautiful and sunny Saturday, March 12, 2022. A packed annual report was testament to yet another active year of nature conservation, despite the COVID-19 restrictions of 2021. An exciting and ambitious action plan for 2022 was reviewed and adopted at the meeting. The audience at the annual meeting unanimously adopted a statement against the Sunnfast road project – a new motorway bridge over the entrance to the Hardanger Fjord, between Husnes and Huglo. A great presentation about oversized forest roads in and around Bergen as cover for systematic unlawful dumping of waste was given by Synnøve Spangelo.
A new county board for Naturvernforbundet Hordaland was also unanimously adopted, with Gabriel Fliflet re-elected as the leader. Tom Skauge was also re-elected, and Hallvard Birkeland was elected into a permanent position on the board – he has been the Third Deputy for the past year. Grete Myrland Ingebrigtsen resigned after two years on the board and was thanked and presented with flowers. Oddvar Soldal and Anne Gilde were re-elected to the First and Second Deputy positions, respectively. Siri Vatsø Haugum was elected as the new Third Deputy, thus making a “comeback” after a few years’ break.
As such, the board is comprised of the following:
- Gabriel Fliflet – Leader (re-elected)
- Tom Skauge (re-elected for two years)
- Hallvard Birkeland (elected for two years)
- Knut Espelid (position not up for election)
- Tone Salomonsen (position not up for election)
- Bård Larsen (position not up for election)
- Tonje Sæther (position not up for election)
- William Helland-Hansen (position not up for election)
- First Deputy Oddvar Soldal (elected for one year)
- Second Deputy Anne Gilde (elected for one year)
- Third Deputy Siri Vatsø Haugum (elected for one year)
We look forward to an exciting and active year ahead with this great team.
Translation by Julian Lee.